Restor Eco AG (“Restor”) respects the privacy of our visitors and users and recognizes the importance of protecting the information you share with us.
What Data is Collected?
- User name (required)
- Password (required)
- Email address (required)
- Name of Organization (required)
- Geofile (polygon) of the restoration site(s) (required)
- Site status (required)
- Intervention type (required)
- Should site be publicly visible? (required)
- Year established (required)
- User specified site name (required)
- Stakeholder types
- Land tenure
- Number of direct + indirect beneficiaries
- Website URL
- Social media links
- Plain text site description
- Header photo
- Other scientific project site data (e.g. tree inventory data, soil quality data)
- Other miscellaneous data you may want to share with Restor and / or its community of users.
You provide us with these data through your use of the Services. For the purposes of this policy, and in accordance with international standards, we refer only to the Organization name, contact person name, contact person email address as “Personal Data”. All other information is referred to as. “Data”.
We may also collect “Usage Information” through your use of the Services, which includes but is not limited to: browser information, hardware model, operating system, IP address, the time you access the Services, and type of content you view or engage with while using the Services.
Collectively, all Personal Data, Data and Usage Information are referred to as “Information.”
Why We Collect This Information?
We collect information about you to help make the Services more useful to you. This includes:
- Administering and improving the Services
- Personalizing your experience with the Services
- Promoting safety and security of the Services
- Contacting you about the Services
- Generating new scientific insights and refining existing science models
Who We Share Your Information With
We may share your Information as follows:
- Third Party Service Providers. We may share your Information with third party service providers and contractors working on behalf of Restor who assist us in providing the Services. These service providers are only authorized to use your Information to help us provide the Services to you. We do not sell or otherwise share your Information with such third parties for their direct marketing purposes.
- As Required or Permitted by Law. We may share your Information with courts, government agencies and other third parties as required or permitted by applicable law, to comply with a subpoena or similar legal request, to enforce our policies, or to protect our or others' rights, property, or safety.
- Performance Reporting. We may share aggregated, anonymized Information with our donors and partners to report on the utility and performance of the Services.
- Science. We may share your Information with the Crowther Lab at ETH Zurich and scientific partners of the Crowther Lab.
Security of Your Information
We have implemented commercially-reasonable, technical, administrative and physical safeguards to protect your Information. Unfortunately, no data transmission over the internet or data storage system can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. However, if you have reason to believe that your use of the Services is no longer secure (e.g., username and password have been compromised), please contact us immediately at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Use of Online Tracking Technologies
When you use the Services, we, along with our third-party service providers may use Usage Information to more effectively understand how the Services are used and improve the usability of our Services.
We encourage you to promptly update your Personal Data if it changes. You may correct, update, amend, remove, or ask to have your Personal Data removed by making the change on your user account settings page, if applicable, or by contacting us as detailed below.
In addition, you exercise any of the following actions at any time:
- You may opt out of receiving Restor communications by using the unsubscribe link within each email.
- You may request information about, and access to, the Personal Data that we collect from you.
- You may ask questions or make complaints about our privacy and data security practices with regard to your Personal Data.
- You may request that we delete Personal Data that we have collected about you.
- You may ask us for a copy of the Personal Data that we collected from you.
To exercise any of these options or for additional information about our privacy practices, contact us at email@example.com.
We will retain your Personal Data for as long as needed to provide you the Services. We will try to comply with requests under this section as soon as reasonably practicable as required by applicable law. However, we may need to retain and use certain information for recordkeeping purposes, to complete any prior request, as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, enforce our agreements, or for other purposes as required or permitted by applicable law.
 Ecological Restoration includes (but is not limited to) Conservation, Sustainable Forest Management, Natural Regeneration, Planted Forests for Conservation, Planted Forests for Harvesting, Agroforestry, Silvopasture, Climate-Smart Agriculture (Source: UN Decade on Ecosystem Restoration).
Last updated: Apr 15, 2021